The Columbia Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire in the 11 hundred block of North College Avenue Wednesday night. Around eight, firefighters found smoke coming from the front door of a one story, single family home. The fire was contained to the kitchen and brought under control in approximately five minutes. One occupant had injuries to their lungs, hand and wrist and was taken to the hospital for further evaluation. An assistant fire marshal determined the fire started on the stove top, due to unattended cooking. Damage was estimated at more than four thousand dollars.