Weather Alert

Fire in Boone County Leads to Home With Moderate Damage

Boone County Fire District firefighters responded to a structure fire on North Barnes Rd. Sunday. At 5:25pm, a single-story structure on a walkout basement was on fire and spread from the deck, up the side of the house and into the attic. Firefighters knocked down the flames from the outside and then transitioned into the house where firefighters pulled ceiling in the kitchen area to access to the attic. The fire burned through the roof and spread to an area above a bathroom. Firefighters stopped the progression of the fire and contained the fire damage to those two rooms. The fire had also burned a hole through the wooden deck. The structure suffered moderate damage; however, the owner’s contents received some smoke and water damage. The owner and occupants of the home were able to get all their pets out of the structure unharmed. The cause of the fire was determined to be a heat lamp inside a dog house on the back deck.

 


Connect With Us