Ameren Missouri announced it is offering one million dollars in relief to customers dealing with economic hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak. Spokeswoman Connie Taylor…

The new program offers assistance to workers from a variety of businesses such as restaurants, daycare facilities, retail stores and other organizations who normally do not qualify for energy assistance. Customers with an active account can apply for $250 toward payment on their account. Applications must be submitted through United Way’s website at Ameren Missouri also recently announced it has suspended all disconnections for non-payment and is forgiving any late payment fees for both residential and business customers who are struggling to make payments on time.

NECAC is urging applicants who need energy assistance to sign up online at and mail completed forms to the agency, or call a NECAC Service Center and request a mailed application. The agency is trying to decrease the chances of someone getting sick through face-to-face contact. The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program assists with paying part of the energy bills of income-qualifying people. Eligible households could receive a minimum of $47 up to a maximum of $495, depending upon income, household size and type of heating source. The Energy Crisis Intervention Program offers assistance of up to $800 to qualifying households of those who have received a utility shut-off notice.

The numbers and addresses for NECAC Service Centers are:

• Lewis County: 408 S. Fourth in Canton — 573-288-3969.
• Lincoln County: 11 Woodcrest Dr. in Troy — 636-528-7604.
• Macon County: 907 Highway PP in Macon — 660-385-4616.
• Marion County: 3518 Palmyra Road in Hannibal — 573-221-7166.
• Monroe County: 314 N. Washington in Paris — 660-327-4110.
• Montgomery County: 137 Farnen in Montgomery City — 573-564-3606.
• Pike County: 805 Bus. Hwy. 61 North in Bowling Green — 573-324-2207.
• Ralls County: 411 Main in New London — 573-985-2411.
• Randolph County: 1903 N. Morley Suite B in Moberly — 660-263-6595.
• Shelby County: 204 E. Third in Shelbyville — 573-633-2210.
• St. Charles County: 3400 Meadow Pointe Drive in O’Fallon — 636-272-3477
• Warren County: 120 E. Main in Warrenton — 636-456-8191